Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
HEAVENLY! Dip a biscuit into this lovely honey. Or drizzle over yogurt into a cup of tea, glaze a chicken at the end of cooking.
- Place honey, lavender and vanilla in a double boiler with water in bottom. Bring water to a boil, and bring honey to 185°F and keep at 185°F for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes. Strain while still warm.
- Place in sterilized jars and cap.
- Label and decorate the jar as needed.
- EXTRA GOODNESS TIP:.
- For more infused flavor leave overnight after heating then reheat and strain.
What a lovely smelling honey! I didn't have vanilla bean, so used 1 tsp. vanilla(and halved the recipe). Thanks Rita! Made for the Australian Recipe Swap#16!
This is a perfect little recipe. The honey is SO aromatic and SO delicious. We had it on fresh baked biscuits--a mouthful of heaven. Thanks, Rita!