Recipe by Hey Jude
These is a terrific dessert bar recipe that I found in the Chicago Sun-Times, originally from a holiday baking brochure put out by Land O'Lakes.
Top Review by iovinos
This was a simple recipe that yielded amazing results. I did feel like it was missing something... still unsure what but still very delicious! I would make them again and have been asked to :) A hit with the guests.
- 2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Crust: combine cookie crumbs and melted butter and mix well; press into the bottom of an ungreased 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Filling: combine whipping cream and coffee granules and let stand for 5 minutes, or until coffee dissolves.
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, combine cream cheese and sugar; beat, scraping the bowl often, until creamy, about 1 minute; add reserved coffee mixture, eggs and vanilla; beat, scraping often, just until combined; pour over reserved crust and bake in a preheated 350° oven for 20-25 minutes, or until center is nearly set; remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for one hour.
- Topping: Place whipping cream in a small saucepan and heat over medium just until it comes to a boil, about one minute; remove from heat and add chocolate chips, stirring until melted; spread over cheesecake and refrigerate until chocolate sets, about 1 hour.