1/2 Photos of Last Minute Broiled "You Invited WHO over BBQ Hot Wings?! &
The Nocturnal Baker's Note:
It's 3 pm on Super Bowl Sunday, and some of us have done nothing to prepare. It happens to everyone; at some point in your life, you will have unexpected guests for some sporting event. Whip up some last-minute chicken wings, for those inevitable times where you end up screaming “You invited WHO over for the game?!"Quick and easy can be prepared ahead of time and finished off when your guests arrive.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place wings in large pot in one layer so that wings are just touching. Pour in beer and enough water to cover the wings.
- 2Bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat to Medium-High. Let cook so that there is no visible pink, turning frequently, about 20 minutes.
- 4Transfer wings to plate, cover, and set aside.
- 5Pre-heat broiler on High.
- 6In a container with lid, combine BBQ and wing sauce.
- 7Lightly brush wings with 1/4 cup of sauce.
- 8Broil on High for 8 minutes, turning half way through.
- 9Place wings in lidded container with remaining sauce shake to coat thoroughly. Serve hot with your choice of garnish.
- 10Ms Ines recommends pineapple slices (grilled is best) and plantain chips.
- 11Tips: For hotter wings, add a 1/8 cup more of wing sauce. Also, you can boil the wings ahead of time and keep refrigerated or frozen and begin at Step 5 with thawed wings for spur of the moment entertaining.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Last Minute Broiled "You Invited WHO over BBQ Hot Wings?! &
Serving Size: 1 (353 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 419.6
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 87.3 mg
- Sodium 805.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 16.3 g
- Protein 21.6 g