Recipe by A la Carte
From Hungrygirl.com - this recipe has 4 points for 1/4 the recipe. I have NOT tried this yet, but it looks like a good substitute for those of us trying to watch out points! I imagine it is essential to dry out the veggies on the paper towels to avoid a runny lasagna...
- 1 lb about 3 medium-sized zucchini, ends removed and sliced lengt hwise into wide, flat strips
- 1 large portabella mushroom, sliced into strips
- 1 large eggplant, ends removed and sliced lengthwise into wide, flat strips
- 15 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed, thoroughly drained and patted dry
- 16 ounces canned tomato sauce with garlic
- 1 cup frozen ground-beef-style soy crumbles
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded fat free mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Heat soy crumbles in the microwave for 30 seconds, and set aside.
- Set out a row of several paper towels (as you cook the veggies, transfer them to the paper towels to drain excess moisture).
- Spritz a large pan evenly with nonstick spray, and bring to high heat.
- Once hot, lay as many zucchini and mushroom slices as you can fit flat in th e pan, and cook for about 2 minutes per side. Continue until all slices are cooked, removing the pan from heat and re-spraying it between batches.
- Cook eggplant slices for about 3 minutes per side, continuing to work in batches (removing and re-spraying pan each time).
- Next, in a large bowl, mix the spinach, egg white, ricotta cheese, basil, salt and nutmeg. Stir well and set aside.
- Spray a deep 8" X 8" pan with nonstick spray. Pour half (8 oz.) of the tomato sauce into the bottom of the pan.
- Then, layer half of the veggie slices on top in assorted order. Spread half of the spinach mixture on top.
- Next, sprinkle the soy crumbles evenly into the pan.
- Layer with remaining veggies, and then spread the rest of the spinach mixture on top. Cover with the remaining tomato sauce.
- Then, evenly top the lasagna with the mozzarella and grated cheese.
- Finally, bake uncovered for 30 minutes (or until the cheese on top starts to brown).
- Let cool, cut into 4 pieces, and dig in!