Recipe by Marie
Not a tried recipe, but can't wait to make it. Sounds like a novel idea - potatoes layered with the makings of lasagna. Recipe from Curtis Aikens.
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and sliced lengthwise
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 large eggs
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease and flour 13 x 9 baking dish and cover it with about 1/4 c of the sauce.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs with ricotta and Parmesan cheeses and salt and pepper.
- Place a layer of cheese mixture on top of potatoes and sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Continue layering potatoes, sauce, cheese mixture and mozzarella until all ingredients are used up.
- Top layer should be mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for about 45 minutes covered, then uncovered for about 10 minutes more to brown the top.
- Note: I would be inclined to bake without top layer of mozzarella and add it during the last 10 minutes of cooking while dish is uncovered.