Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Food & Family Winter 2007, Page 11
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 26 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup water
- 12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Brown meat in large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Mix 1 1/4 cups mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, parsley and egg until well blended. Set aside.
- Drain meat and return to skillet.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce.
- Pour water into empty sauce jar, cover and shake well. Add to skillet. Stir until well blended.
- Spread 1 cup meat sauce onto bottom of 13x9 baking dish.
- Top with layer of 3 uncooked lasagna noodles.
- Spread 1/3 ricotta cheese mixture and 1 cup meat sauce over noodles.
- Repeat layers 2 more times.
- Top with remaining 3 noodles and remaining meat sauce.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese and remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Cover tightly with greased foil.
- Bake 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Let stand 15 minutes before cutting to serve.
Wonderful easy way to make Lasagna. So good! The thing I love is that you can change it up by trying different spaghetti sauces, and by adding herbs of your own. Who says this has to be hard!