Recipe by chef Nic
This is the best lasagna ever. I always have people ask me for this recipe. the prep does take some time its actually the clean up that takes time but its well worth the work. This recipe freezes well. sometimes I make two of them in two 9s9-inch dishes and freeze one of them.
Top Review by GaylaV
This was enjoyed by everyone at the table. It is a relatively quick and easy lasagna. The meat sauce is very nice. I think next time I will add some onions. I think that my husband was glad that it didn't have spinach in it! The family couldn't wait for it to set up so it was served a bit sloppy. For those who went for seconds the pieces held together very well. I know I will use this recipe again. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes (diced)
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 10 ounces lasagna noodles
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 3 cups cream-style cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese (grated)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat slowly, spoon off fat.
- Add next six ingredients.
- Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook noodles as directed on package, drain and rinse.
- In separate bowl beat eggs add remaining ingredients except mozzarella cheese.
- Layer half the noodles in a 13x9-inch baking dish, spread with half the cottage cheese filling, and half the meat sauce, sprinkle half the mozzarella cheese and then repeat this step.
- Bake at 325°F for 30 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.