Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is not a salad with lettuce, but rather meat and herbs mainly. Here it is served with "noodles" made from eggs, but not egg noodles! Hmmm. Actually, it would be good served over lettuce or with egg noodles, your choice!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs skirt steaks, sliced then minced or 1 1⁄4 lbs ground beef
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemongrass, peeled and white ends only minced
- 1⁄2 cup shallot, julienned
- 3 red thai bird chiles, minced and divided
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄3 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped or 1⁄3 cup fresh basil, torn and divided
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped and divided
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, cut into slivers on the diagonal and divided
- 1⁄4 cup roasted peanuts, crushed
- 1 lime
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pinch salt
- cooking spray
- Heat a large wok over medium high heat and add a tablespoon of oil; brown beef with garlic, lemon grass, and shallot, stirring occasionally only until the meat juices that have been released start to evaporate.
- Add fish sauce, soy sauce, and water, stirring to combine; cook until most of the liquid had evaporated.
- Let cool a few moments, then stir in the juice from half a lime, half the chile, mint or basil, cilantro, and green onion; set aside while you prepare the "noodles.".
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the omelette noodles (except the cooking spray).
- Heat a non-stick skillet over high heat and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Place 1/4 of the egg mixture in the skillet and swirl around to create a thin, even layer; continue to cook until the edges start to curl and the top side has set.
- Set on a clean cutting board and repeat with remaining mixture.
- Stack the 4 omelettes, roll, then slice 1/2-inch thick; unroll and carefully toss with the Larb.
- Garnish with remaining herbs and peanuts, and squeeze remaining lime juice over top.