Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Lao people favorite food to eat.. I's very yummy..
Make and share this Lao Papaya Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups shredded papayas
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 chilies
- 1 tablespoon shrimp paste
- 1⁄4 tablespoon crab, paste
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon msg (option)
- 1 tablespoon fermented fish (padek option)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 6 cherry tomatoes, but in half
- Using a large mortar and pestle and pound garlic and chilies together.
- Add shrimp and crab paste and continue pounding.
- Add papaya than add the rest of the ingredients and use a spoon to help mix ingredients together.
- Taste and adjust to your taste, its should be sweet, sour, salty and hot.
Thank you so much for sharing!<br/>Never realise how easy it is make this :)
I love this recipe, I grew up with alot of Lao and Thai friend. It a very true ethnic dish. Thanks for the post.