Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This adapted from the book "Honey: A Conoisseur's Guide" by Gene Opton.
- 1 cup graham flour or 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 cup unbleached white flour or 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup honey (a dark honey such as buckwheat honey is nice)
- Preheat oven to 375*F. Butter a 7x3 loaf pan.
- Mix flours, powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Heat the honey in a small saucepan over low heat until less gooey and more liqudiy.
- Remove from the heat and add the milk. Beat together until well-combined.
- Add the honey-milk mixture to the dry ingredient and mix until just combined.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan and cook for about 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted to the center of the loaf comes out clean.