Recipe by CIndytc
I tried this recipe from Giada and it was really good...I used whole wheat p asta but otherwise made it as directed.... You can use a store-bought marinara or make homemade....4 cups is usually 2- 28 oz. jars...
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground lamb
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup red wine
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet warm the olive oil over high heat. Add the shallots & garlic and cook until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add the ground lamb, salt, and pepper. Cook untilt he lamb has browned and the juices have evaporated. Add the wine, scraping up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan using a wooden spoon or spatula. Simmer until the wine has reduced by half.
- Add the marinara sauce and simmer over low heat until the flavors have blended, about 10 minutes.
- Add the mint and ricotta and stir until mixed.
- Add the pasta and stir to coat. Serve immediately.