Recipe by Coasty
Sourced from cookadvice.com and posted for ZWT 7. Interesting combination of spices and herbs.
- 1 kg boneless goat meat or 1 kg lamb
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground sage or fresh sage
- 6 juniper berries, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried mint or of fresh mint
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon rum
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the meat into bite-sized pieces. Sprinkle the meat with the salt and pepper.
- Heat the butter in a casserole and add the sage juniper berries mint cinnamon and nutmeg. Cook stirring constantly for 3 minutes. Add the meat and brown on all sides. Lower the heat and add the wine.
- Simmer covered until the meat is tender (it took me a little more than an hour with the kid I had).
- Remove the meat and keep warm. Strain the sauce. Put the sauce back in the casserole and stir in the cream and rum. Bring to a boil and reduce to the consistency of heavy cream.
- Return the meat to the sauce and heat through. Serve with rice and green peas.