Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
Sourced from cookadvice.com and posted for ZWT 7. Interesting combination of spices and herbs.
Make and share this Lacarno Potroasted Kid recipe from Food.com.
- Cut the meat into bite-sized pieces. Sprinkle the meat with the salt and pepper.
- Heat the butter in a casserole and add the sage juniper berries mint cinnamon and nutmeg. Cook stirring constantly for 3 minutes. Add the meat and brown on all sides. Lower the heat and add the wine.
- Simmer covered until the meat is tender (it took me a little more than an hour with the kid I had).
- Remove the meat and keep warm. Strain the sauce. Put the sauce back in the casserole and stir in the cream and rum. Bring to a boil and reduce to the consistency of heavy cream.
- Return the meat to the sauce and heat through. Serve with rice and green peas.