Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great way to use those fresh tomatoes in a recipe that originally came from Ischia, off the Italian mainland. There are no measurements, just cook to suit your own taste.
- In a bowl combine the tomatoes, olive oil, basil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and pasta.
- Correct seasoning with basil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- There should be roughly the same amount of tomato as pasta in the dish as this is essentially a tomato salad.
- Add other ingredients at will such as red or green peppers, diced mozzarella, diced salami or shreds of prosciutto, hot pepper, if you prefer.
- However this dish is never served with cheese.
A really excellent recipe! This dish has sustained us through the recent heatwave! It's light, tasty and easy to make from store-cupboard ingredients. To serve two, I used: 1 cup small pasta shells, a small bunch of basil, 3 small tomatoes, 2 tablespoons each lemon juice and light olive oil. I also added some sliced bottled artichokes, 2 tablespoons of sliced olives, a handful of chopped mint, and a good pinch each of salt and pepper. Life is too short to peel and seed tomatoes - I just chopped them up. We liked this dish best served at room temperature.
This was sooo simple and so nice. I also added pastrami, chorizo, salami and mozzarella, and tossed it before mixing in with teh pasta. I am definitely making this again, it was really lovely - thank you!