A great way to use those fresh tomatoes in a recipe that originally came from Ischia, off the Italian mainland. There are no measurements, just cook to suit your own taste.
- In a bowl combine the tomatoes, olive oil, basil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and pasta.
- Correct seasoning with basil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- There should be roughly the same amount of tomato as pasta in the dish as this is essentially a tomato salad.
- Add other ingredients at will such as red or green peppers, diced mozzarella, diced salami or shreds of prosciutto, hot pepper, if you prefer.
- However this dish is never served with cheese.