Recipe by Hey Jude
I found this easy recipe in the Chicago Tribune, in an article about food for Kwanzaa.
- 1 cup sweetened coconut
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1 jar apricot preserves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine coconut, flour, salt and pepper in a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag.
- Cut chicken breast into 1-inch strips; dip chicken strips into beaten egg, then place in the plastic bag and shake until chicken is coated with the coconut mixture.
- Place coated chicken strips in a shallow nonstick baking pan; drizzle melted butter over chicken and bake 25 minutes, turning once, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with apricot preserves as a dipping sauce.