Recipe by Chabear01
This recipe posted for ZWT II - Asia. Kustinta is a brown rice cake, a favorite snack in the Philippines and is good with freshly grated coconut. The Lye Water (potassium carbonate solution) can be purchased in most Asian Food Stores.
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into muffin cups, until half full.
- Steam in a large pan with a cover; the water should be 2 inches deep.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Add more water if needed until cooking is done.
- Remove from the muffin pans and serve with freshly grated coconut.