Recipe by Annisette
This is a Hawaiian pudding made with taro, coconut, brown sugar, and coconut milk. Originally, kulolo was wrapped in ti leaves and baked in an underground oven called an imu. But, you can easily make this version in your oven at home. We made this for our Hawaiian Luau.
- 3 cups taro root, peeled and grated
- 1 cup fresh coconut, grated
- 1 cup coconut water (the liquid inside a coconut)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
- Grease and line a loaf pan with foil.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Spread the mixture in the pan.
- Cover with foil and bake 2 hours. Remove foil during last half hour of baking to allow the pudding to brown.