Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
serve with any type of curry.
Make and share this Kulcha recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups refined flour (maida)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 2 tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt
- Sieve refined flour along with salt and soda bicarbonate into a bowl. Add milk and yogurt and mix. Add sufficient water and knead into a soft dough. Cover with a damp cloth and set aside for fifteen minutes.
- Divide into eight equal portions.Further roll into a round disc as thin as possible.
- Heat a pressure cooker. Apply a little water on one side of the kulcha and stick onto the inner wall of the cooker. Similarly stick on two more kulchas. Cook on medium heat for two to three minutes.
- Keep the cooker open side down on the flame and cook so that both the sides of the kulchas get cooked. Remove the kulchas with a tong and serve hot.