Recipe by Krystal-Belle
I used to love to go to Max's Grille Restaurant on Riverwalk in Ft. Lauderdale FL, but as any one who's ever been there knows, the selection is not too big. I really wanted Mahi-Mahi, but all they had was a sandwich with that fish, so I made some changes to it and it became my very own specialty meal.
- 4 ounces mahi mahi fillets (2)
- 1 1⁄2 cups teriyaki sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic (1 or 2 cloves)
FOR TERIYAKI RICE
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Put fish, 1 1/2 cups teriyaki sauce, and garlic into a large ziplock bag. Seal and refrigerate at least for 1/2 hour (the longer, the better). When fish is marinated and ready, wrap loosely in foil and steam in the oven for about 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, while the fish is cooking, bring 1 cup of rice and 2 cups of water to a boil. Add in oil, salt, and Italian seasoning. Cook rice until tender and fluffy. When rice is done cooking, remove from heat and add teriyaki sauce. Stir well.
- Serve fish and rice together for a yummy and quick meal.