Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A little bit different to the usual Rice Crispy bars, they have a gooey toffee/chocolate taste. I think these are so much better using 'Special K' cereal, but you can substitute 'Rice Crispies' if you want.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 cups white mini marshmallows
- 1 (5 ounce) caramello chocolate candy bars (for those in the UK substitute with a 'Dairy Milk with Caramel' 150g bar)
- 5 cups Special K cereal
- Melt the butter, marshmallows and Caramello bar together in a heavy large saucepan, medium heat, and boil for a couple of minutes, stirring all the time until smooth and melted (may have to beat with wooden spoon).
- Remove from heat and fold in the Special K cereal until coated.
- Spread into a 9 x 13 inch buttered tin, leave to cool and set.
- Cut into squares.
- Hide in kitchen, or send kids to their rooms, scrape out saucepan of ooey-gooey chocolate and enjoy!
Yummy little square that is pretty and simple to make. I used caramel Aero instead of dairy milk, but I might try Caramilk instead next time to try and get a bit more of the caramel flavour to come through. Thank you for sharing such a yummy recipe!
I left this recipe out for DH to make. If it turns out for him, that's an automatic 5 stars! For the chocolate bar he used a caramilk bar and it really added an extra special touch. Thanks for posting!