Recipe by Kree
This is my favorite way to prepare pork chops! The recipe is an adaptation of a recipe for Apple Pork Chops on Allrecipes.com. I think they're absolutely delicious, and I hope you enjoy them too!
Top Review by Lennie
Kree, this is a very nice dish! Your instructions are great; the recipe is simple and to the point; very easy to prepare, too. I used boneless chops and Northern Spy apples. I don't keep apple juice in the house, so I just used the water. Next time I will try chicken broth, as I found the sauce a little plain. However, it was not too sweet; it was perfect for my family's tastes. I took your advice and, when the chops came out of the oven, I carefully placed them on a platter with the apples atop, then poured the liquid into the same pan I had used to brown the chops, which I had set aside. A little cornstarch-water mixture thickened the sauce right up, which I served in a gravy boat for those that wanted it. I'll definitely make this recipe again!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 pork chops (1/2-inch thick)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper
- 2 apples, peeled cored, and sliced
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup hot water (or try it with apple juice or cider!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Brown the pork chops on both sides in oil.
- Place chops in a baking dish just large enough so they do not overlap and sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
- Cover the chops with the apples.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, and water.
- Pour over the chops.
- Cover and bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes.
- The sauce tastes delicious when thickened with cornstarch and poured over the chops!