- 2 (3/4 lb) blocks firm tofu, drained
- vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon asian hot red bean paste
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the broiler.
- Cut the tofu into 1/2" slices.
- Lightly brushed a rimmed baking sheet(s) with vegetable oil, place the tofu in a single layer on the sheet(s) and lightly brush the top with oil.
- Broil, as close to the heat as possible until the tofu is lightly browned.
- Turn over and brown on the other side.
- Combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, Splenda, garlic, sesame seeds and hot bean paste.
- Heat the soy mixture to a boil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Gently add the tofu in a single layer.
- Turn down to a simmer and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, spooning the mixture over the top of the tofu.
- Sprinkle with the green onions and serve.