Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A salty, spicy treat that is also perfect for low carbers!
Make and share this Korean-style Broiled Tofu recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Cut the tofu into 1/2" slices.
- Lightly brushed a rimmed baking sheet(s) with vegetable oil, place the tofu in a single layer on the sheet(s) and lightly brush the top with oil.
- Broil, as close to the heat as possible until the tofu is lightly browned.
- Turn over and brown on the other side.
- Combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, Splenda, garlic, sesame seeds and hot bean paste.
- Heat the soy mixture to a boil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Gently add the tofu in a single layer.
- Turn down to a simmer and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, spooning the mixture over the top of the tofu.
- Sprinkle with the green onions and serve.
This was good. I cooked it a lot longer than the recipe stated, but it was yummy. I would definitely make it again.
Loved this! I must admit to adding lots of dried chilies due to a psychotic obsession with spice, but ... hey - the base recipe and the techniques made for a tasty dish. My boyfriend and I were both surprised at how good this was!
One of my favorite tofu recipes ever! Spicy and yummy. I use honey instead of Splenda because sugar substitutes freak me out. Serve with brown rice and steamed broccoli.