I got several recipes from a Korean friend at the university. This is one of the few sweets recipes - a no bake gluten free candylike cookie which looks quite pretty. For the syrup I've so far used molasses, agave and rice syrup successfully. Cooking time doesn't include cooling time.
- Roast white and black sesame seeds seperately in dry pans until they start to pop.
- Remove from pan onto plates.
- Slowly heat sugar and syrup in a pan, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves.
- Divide the sugar and syrup mixture, mix one half with the white and the other with the black sesame seeds.
- Spread both mixes onto seperate parchment or non stick baking paper sheets, cover with another sheet and flatten, then remove top sheets and lay the black sesame layer on top of the white one and remove the sheet from the black layer.
- With the help of the underlying sheet roll the black and white layers tightly into a roll, so that the white layer encloses the black one.
- Let the roll cool, then slice into about 1/4 to 1/3 inch slices.