Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
We love this soup at Korean Restaurants! It is hot and spicy and so fast to make. It's best served with rice and kimchi.
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons korean fermented bean paste (Denjang)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dashi, granules
- 1⁄2 tablespoon korean hot pepper paste (Gochujang)
- 1 zucchini, cubed
- 1 potato, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) package soft tofu, cubed
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine water, denjang, garlic, dashi and gochu jang. Bring to a boil and let boil 2 minutes.
- Stir in zucchini, potato, mushrooms and onions and boil for 5 to 7 minutes more.
- Stir in tofu and cook until tofu has expanded and vegetables are tender.
- Best served with rice and kimchi.
Yum!!! I think this is the same soup my Korean friend used to order for me (she and the people at the restaurant spoke so quickly I couldn't follow any of it)... it came in individual bowls and we cracked a raw egg into our boiling bowls of soup... a great addition, in my book. Thanks for posting!
Love this soup! It's so easy to make and is very authentic! Thank you!
This was simple to make and had a very nice flavor.