Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a heavier version of a family holiday favorite. I have been making these since the early '80s, when thanks to a patient, "T", brought them in to the staff. Five simple ingredients, you can't go wrong! I should add that this raw cookie dough does not taste good at all so don't be tempted to sneak it.
- 1 lb butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 pint premium vanilla ice cream, softened at room temperature
- 4 cups flour
- 6 ounces solo preserves, not jelly (Raspberry, apricot, prune)
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar, for dusting cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Blend butter with ice cream, then add flour, blend well. Dough will be thick.
- Roll into walnut size balls, depress centers with thumb.
- Place on cookie sheet and top with spoonful of filling.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Tops will NOT brown. Bottoms will be lightly browned.
- Cool completely and dust heavily with powdered sugar before serving. If cookies are allowed to sit, simply Re-dust cookies with powdered sugar if necessary before serving.
These came out good. They were a little plain for my taste. I might add cinnamon to the dough next time. Also, I baked them for 17 minutes to get them browned on the bottom and firm. Thanks for sharing.
Great tasting cookie. I rolled each dough ball in the confectioner sugar before baking. Turned out great. Thanks Chef!