Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
That's Swedish for Spicy Honey and Coconut Pineapple. This recipe came across my desk from the gourmet-spicy -vegetarian yahoo group, posted by Donnalilacflower. It looks fabulous so I'm posting it here! I should probably tell Donna to join Zaar....
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 1 fresh chili pepper
- 1⁄3 cup honey or 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1 lime, juice of
- 3⁄4 cup flaked coconut
- vanilla ice cream
- Peel and cut the pineapple in wedges.
- Split the chili lengthwise, scrape out all inner seeds and veins very carefully and make sure not to get the stuff in your eyes, and then finely chop it.
- Bring the honey/maple syrup to a boil with the chopped chili and lime juice in a frying pan.
- Put in the pineapple and turn the pieces over now and then until they are warm.
- Add the coconut and continue turning the pineapple pieces over for a minute or so.
- Serve plates with vanilla ice cream or soy ice cream.
This is a special and easy dessert that you can offer your guests. Simply preapre the ingredients in advance and prepare just before serving.
We served this with blood peach sorbet! Thanks a lot for your recipe.
This is FABULOUS!! Made with a fresh white pineapple, key lime honey, and a small red chili. Wasn't sure how long to cook the pineapple mixture, so I made sure it was heated through and the syrup was cooking off a bit, about 7 minutes. Served with vanilla frozen yogurt. Wonderful fruity dessert, the flavor of the chilies does come through, but is sweetened by the pineapple, honey and coconut. We LOVED it! Made for ZWT6~SCANDANAVIA Region and the Queens of Quisine.