Recipe by Elmotoo
That's Swedish for Spicy Honey and Coconut Pineapple. This recipe came across my desk from the gourmet-spicy -vegetarian yahoo group, posted by Donnalilacflower. It looks fabulous so I'm posting it here! I should probably tell Donna to join Zaar....
Top Review by awalde
This is a special and easy dessert that you can offer your guests. Simply preapre the ingredients in advance and prepare just before serving.
We served this with blood peach sorbet! Thanks a lot for your recipe.
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 1 fresh chili pepper
- 1⁄3 cup honey or 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1 lime, juice of
- 3⁄4 cup flaked coconut
- vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cut the pineapple in wedges.
- Split the chili lengthwise, scrape out all inner seeds and veins very carefully and make sure not to get the stuff in your eyes, and then finely chop it.
- Bring the honey/maple syrup to a boil with the chopped chili and lime juice in a frying pan.
- Put in the pineapple and turn the pieces over now and then until they are warm.
- Add the coconut and continue turning the pineapple pieces over for a minute or so.
- Serve plates with vanilla ice cream or soy ice cream.