Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This hot coffe and rum cocktail gets its name from the Dutch word for coffee (koffie) and the street (Van Brunt) where it is served at St John Frizell's Fort Defiance café-bar in Red Hook, Brooklyn. Bon Appetit Magazine, November 2009 edition. I am not a drinker now but the combination of this drink has got to be a winner! ;)
- 2 tablespoons chilled heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons aged dark rum
- 2 tablespoons cherry herring liqueur
- 2 teaspoons packed golden brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh brewed coffee
- 1 orange
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Whisk cream in small bowl until slightly thickened but still pourable.
- Divide rum, Cherry Herring, and brown sugar between 2 warm mugs.
- Add 3/4 cup hot coffee to each mug and stir to dissolve sugar.
- Spoon whipped cream atop coffee.
- Finely grate small amount of orange peel and cinnamon over drink and serve.
- E N J O Y !
I ripped this recipe out of my Bon Appetit :) I like to have a 'special' drink for our Holiday dinners....and I knew this one would be a winner!! Of course DH and I had to try them before serving them to our company next Thursday for Thanksgiving :) I'm glad you posted it...we will always have it around now!! YUMMY!!