Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
- Soak chicken for at least 1 hour and pat dry.
- Coat each piece of chicken with flour and shake off any excess flour.
- Bring oil up to temp in an iron skillet or large frying pan and carefully drop in chicken pieces.
- Cover and fry for 45 minutes or until golden brown and juices run clear.
- Remove chicken when done and drain on paper towels.
I just made 40 pieces of this recipe the other day for a crowd of 20. I think it is a good solid basic fried chicken recipe (although if memory serves correct the chicken dinners at Knott's Berry Farm taste better). Maybe I just need more practice. The original recipe version that I have on a kitchen tile from the souvenir store directed cooks to refry the chicken for another 3 minutes 15 minutes prior to serving. You don't have this step listed and that's good because I probably wouldn't do that again. My batch seemed slightly overcooked and I think that is why. I will try this recipe again and use a thermometer to check for doneness. Thanks for posting!