Knackebrot is a hard, cracker-like bread from Germany. Tastes GREAT with cream cheese and syrup or a slice of ham! After spending the summer in Germany, I came back missing this great treat, and decided to find out a way of making it myself. Here's a recipe I found on a German site:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix and knead all ingredients throughly.
- 2Spread and roll dough thinly on a greased cookie sheet (only about 1/8th of an inch thick).
- 3Spread sesame seeds evenly on top of dough, and roll with rolling pin again to make sure seeds stick to the dough.
- 4Cut into rectangles (about the size of graham crackers), and make holes evenly with a fork.
- 5Bake for 20 minutes at 425 F (220 C).
- 6When done, don't put bread in any closed container, or it will get soft!
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Knackebrot (German Crispy Bread)
Serving Size: 1 (30 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 76.9
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 4.7 mg
- Sodium 185.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.7 g