Recipe by KRMC
This is a quick, easy, delicious, and extremely healthy smoothie that combines milk, frozen fruit, and peanut butter - ingredients I always have on hand! This is great for a mid afternoon pick me up...I like to have one after school a few hours before I work out! Good source of protein and calcium, and another way to make sure you get "5 a day!"
Top Review by ladypit
When my 2 year old saw me pulling the blender out she asked her normal question "Are you making a SMOOTHIE??" When I said yes she asked what kind and I told her the ingredients. "Mommy! Peanut butter is not in a smoothie!" was her answer. We decided to try it anyway and after she had a sip she said "I told you peanut butter is not to be in a smoothie!" I think I may agree. This was good but had an odd hint of the peanut butter. I enjoyed it but don't think I'll drink my peanut butter again. Thanks for a neat one to try, though!
- 1⁄2 banana, frozen
- 2 -3 strawberries, frozen
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons peanut butter
- 2 -3 ice cubes, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender, combine ingredients until smooth.
- Serve immediately, or what I sometimes do is put it in a water bottle or similar container and pop it in the freezer for another ten minutes, because I like mine really cold.
- Pour in a tall glass and enjoy!