Recipe by Elmotoo
A Beninese (West Africa) peanut recipe posted for Zaar World Tour II. 'Cooking time' includes sitting time. Don't be put off by the 'time to make'- most of the time it is just sitting! I am not sure how many sticks of peanut butter you get from this...if you try it, please let me know!
- 1 -2 cup roasted unsalted peanuts (however much you want!)
- peanut oil (byproduct of recipe)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put roasted unsalted peanuts in the blender until you get peanut butter.
- Let sit at room temperature for a day or so until the solids settle to the bottom and the oil rises to the top.
- Drain off the oil to use for frying or cooking.
- Take the peanut solids and roll into stick shapes and fry in oil.