Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
Why are these called Klingons? Maybe because they're sticky. Maybe because they are the dessert of choice on Federation Starships. Either way, this is great to serve at your next Star Trek Convention.
- 4 1⁄2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (we like crunchy, but smooth works, too)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 1⁄2 cups Rice Chex (or similar cereal)
- 3 1⁄2 cups Corn Chex (ditto)
- 1⁄2 cup M&M'
- Grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine 4 cups of the marshmallows, peanut butter and butter.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes or until melted.
- Stir until smooth.
- Add the remaining marshmallows, Rice Chex, Corn Chexh and the M&M's.
- To serve, pull apart and enjoy.
- Refrigerate any leftovers (yeah, right) in an airtight container.
These are BETTER than the BEST - sooo good! I used a whole bag of the mini m-m's - they turned out perfect! A big hit! Also I added wheat chex too - I was using up cereal from after making a chex mix! Thank you for sharing! FANTASTIC!
These taste really good. I messed with the recipe a bit though. I made them as written at first but the mixture seemed too loose to me. I was looking for more a rice krispie treat consistency. I melted the rest of the mini marshmallows that were in the bag and added an extra Tbsp of both the peanut butter and the butter and remixed it. It was a bit more pulled together but still not like a krispie treat so I left it as it was. I don't think you could cut it into squares but it is very yummy anyway!