Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 mins
For Anne McCaffrey fans - a chocolate coffee drink from Pern.
- 2 tablespoons sweet chocolate, ground
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules, ground to powder
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Use two to four teaspoons of mix per cup of boiling water.
- Stir well. The klah should be thick, much like hot cocoa.
I used unsweetened chocolate in this and added some Splenda to taste. The cinnamon was upped to 1/2 a tsp and the coffee to a Tbsp (personal preference on upping those 2 ingredients). I used 5 tsps of mix in a giant mug and sat back to enjoy it steaming hot with my feet up on a very chilly Nov day.
im with de roche i used milk .dee
As I wasn't making this for a crowd I scaled down this recipe. While I think the flavours were great together I must say the texture of the drink was unusual for me. Next time I will add some milk or cream.