1/2 Photos of Kittencal's Tender Microwave Corn (With Husks On)
Leaving the husks on while microwaving ensures a very tender steamed corn, you might not even want butter or salt after tasting this corn! --- don't worry the silks will fall right off after cooking! For each ear increase microwaving time 3 minutes. Cooking time is for 1 ear of corn :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut off the floppy silks on top of the husks (do not remove the husk).
- 2Wet both papers towels and squeeze out the water then wrap each husk well with double layer of damp paper towels.
- 3Place the corn/s around the outside of the turntable.
- 4Microwave for 1-1/2 minutes on HIGH, turn the corn onto it's otherside and continue to cook for another 1-1/2 minutes (feel the ear to be sure they are very hot).
- 5Using a towel carefully remove from microwave and let sit for 5 minutes before removing the husks and silks, the silks will slide off like magic (BE CAREFUL these are very hot!).
- 6Serve with butter and salt.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Tender Microwave Corn (With Husks On)
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.7
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 15.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 3.3 g