Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Leaving the husks on while microwaving ensures a very tender steamed corn, you might not even want butter or salt after tasting this corn! --- don't worry the silks will fall right off after cooking! For each ear increase microwaving time 3 minutes. Cooking time is for 1 ear of corn :)
Top Review by dutchgirl1966
Fantastic! I used to steam it in the husk the way they do in the Eastern Shore area but this is even easier and just as tasty! I soak it in water for a short while instead of using damp paper towels. 1.5 to 2 mins on each side. Perfect every time!
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut off the floppy silks on top of the husks (do not remove the husk).
- Wet both papers towels and squeeze out the water then wrap each husk well with double layer of damp paper towels.
- Place the corn/s around the outside of the turntable.
- Microwave for 1-1/2 minutes on HIGH, turn the corn onto it's otherside and continue to cook for another 1-1/2 minutes (feel the ear to be sure they are very hot).
- Using a towel carefully remove from microwave and let sit for 5 minutes before removing the husks and silks, the silks will slide off like magic (BE CAREFUL these are very hot!).
- Serve with butter and salt.