Kittencal's Milk Soaked Grilled Corn in Husks... Delicious!
You are in for a real treat! grilling with the husks left on insures for tender moist flavorful corn, make certain to soak the corn in the water/milk mixture for the stated amount of time, if you like a little heat then add in a small amount of cayenne pepper to the butter mixture. *NOTE* to save some time you can prepare the corn earlier in the day, tie with string and refrigerate, just soak for stated time before grilling you may wrap the corn in foil after soaking if you wish but I prefer grilling in just the husks, I find it has more flavor, also see my recipe#121897 :)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 5 -6 ears corn, in husks
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- cold water
- 1 cup milk
- parmesan cheese (in a cheese shaker) (optional)
- kitchen string, to tie the corn (use only cotton string)
- Carefully peel back the husks for the corn to within 1-inch of the bottom; remove the silk and discard silk.
- In a bowl combine soft butter with fresh parsley, salt and black pepper; spread over the corn (I use my hands for this).
- Rewrap corn in the husks.
- Tie with a heavy string in two places (near top and bottom, do not use nylon string!).
- Place the corn in a very large bowl; cover with cold water then mix in 1 cup milk into the water (make certain to soak the corn with the string on).
- Soak the corn in the water/milk mixture for about 30 minutes or a little more (no less than 30 minutes!).
- Grill the corn covered on the grill over medium heat, and cook for 22-30 minutes or until tender, TURNING OFTEN.
- Serve with more butter, salt and freshly grated Parmesan cheese (I use a cheese shaker to shake the cheese onto the corn at the table while eating).