Recipe by petlover
My recipe - loosely adapted recipe from the internet.. Great!
Top Review by scfl76
These rolls were quite delicious- very fluffy. I used instant yeast and it worked fine. The dough nearly rose right out of the pan! I did find that, for my oven, 30 minutes was too long to bake. The sides and bottom came out hard and nearly burnt. I really like that this makes a small batch. It's perfect for our family of three.
- 1 cup warm water, 100-110F
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
- 1⁄8 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- additional tb butter
- Place Warm water, yeast and sugar in the mixer bowl. Let sit for 5 minutes or until bubbly.
- Add in butter, beaten egg ans salt : mix together.
- Add flour, a little at a time ( you may need more or less)until a smooth dough is formed. Knead with dough hook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Place dough in oiled bowl-turn over dough bowl so oil is on both sides. Cover with saran wrap. Let rise for 1 hour or until doubled and light.
- Punch dough down and divide dough into 6 pieces. Rolls dough balls and place into greased round ( 9") or square baking pan. Cover with wrap and let rise for another 30 minutes.
- Bake in preheated 400 F oven for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and brush with additional butter. Let rolls sit in pan for 20 minutes before taking out.