Recipe by Jules211
I found this in the coupon section of the sunday paper years ago.The computer is't letting the measurements stay. So here it is: 2 16oz loaves. It's a nice dip, and the bread is to die for. I did add a bit of zip for family prefrence. I'll note what i added extra. You can leave out the extra's if you chose. I won't tell!!
- 2 (16 ounce) king's Hawaiian bread
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 lb bacon, cooked crisp & crumbled
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed & drained
- 1 cup plum tomatoes (2 medium) or 1 cup roma tomato, seeded and chopped (2 medium)
- 6 -8 dashes hot sauce (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- Carve out center core of 1 loaf of bread with in 1 inch of bottom and sides, keep bread bowl intact.
- Cube removed core and additional loaf.
- Place cubes and bowl on cookie sheet and bake 11-13 minutes, until golden brown.
- Set a side.
- Blend mayo and sour cream together in a medium bowl.
- Add bacon, and spinach, mix well.
- This is where you would and the extra's if using.
- Cover and refrigerate until well chilled.
- Just before serving add tomatoes and salt & pepper to taste.
- Transfer to bread bowl and serve with toasted cubes.