- 2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar (divided)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease 1.5 quart casserole dish.
- Cook sweet potatoes in boiling salted water until soft when pierced with a two pronged fork.
- Drain, peel, and mash potatoes.
- Add remaining ingredients, except 2 tablespoons brown sugar.
- Mix well.
- Spoon into greased casserole dish and sprinkle remaining brown sugar on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.