Recipe by Alex Gaouette
It came to me in a dream, and I forgot it in another. Fortunately, I saved it on a piece of paper. Just my own little breakfast I make on occasion. Quite filling.
Top Review by ~Nimz~
Excellent idea. This went together very nicely and like using a bagel instead of a muffin. I made as directed except added some mustard to this and only used 1 slice of cheese. :) Made for PAC Fall 2007
- 2 large eggs
- 2 pieces bacon
- 2 slices American cheese
- 1 plain bagel
- 1 1⁄2 cups of cut potatoes, skin intact, Preseasoned
Directions See How It's Made
- Begin by heating a 1/2 cup of cooking oil in a large sized skillet at a medium heat. When the oil is hot enough, carefully place the potatoes on a single layer on the pan. Flipping often, let potatoes cook until desired color and crispiness. Recommended 6-8 minutes.
- Cut one plain bagel in half and place the halves in the toaster, on a Medium-Low heat.
- Prepare the bacon in either a skillet or microwave.
- Mix two eggs until the yolk is throughout the mixture in a cup and add a small amount of water for fluffiness.
- Pour the eggs into a pre-greased (medium) heated skillet. Keep moving the eggs around and let the liquid be heated until only a thin film of liquid is left over the top. You want this to be as thin as the pan, almost like a tortilla. Flip the eggs, and lower the heat. Fold the eggs over on themselves until it appropriately fits the bagel.
- Finish by placing one piece of cheese on top of a half-of-a-bagel. Next, tear the two strips of bacon into equal parts and place on the cheese. Carefully place the eggs on top next. Then add another piece of cheese atop the eggs, and finish by placing the other half of the bagel on top.
- Serve on a plate with the potatoes on the side.