Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
My husband loves kimchi so when I saw this recipe on SeriousEats.com, I knew I had to try it. He loved it!! So I thought I'd share it here. Very easy and flavorful.
- 8 ounces linguine
- 6 ounces bacon, chopped
- 1 cup cabbage kimchi, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons red pepper paste (sambal oelek)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 scallions, sliced
- sesame seeds, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta until al dente. Save a few tablespoons of the pasta water, and then drain the pasta in a colander.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a large skillet set over medium heat, add the chopped bacon. Cook until the bacon is crisp. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon, leaving as much of the fat behind as possible.
- With the heat still on medium, add the kimchi and garlic. Cook until fragrant, about one minute. Add the red pepper paste, and stir until it is combined.
- Add the cooked pasta to the skillet along with the butter and the reserved pasta water. Stir continuously until the pasta is coated with the sauce. Season to taste with salt.
- Serve the pasta garnished with scallions, sesame seeds, and the cooked bacon. Add more salt if needed.