Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
With garlic, butter and shallots this recipe will be sure to please any artichoke fan! Grilling gives these artichokes a nice smoky flavor.
- Preheat and outdoor grill for low heat.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Place the artichokes into the boiling water. Boil for about 30 minutes, or until a fork is easily inserted into the stem of the artichokes. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a small pan over medium heat, add the garlic and shallot. Cook just until fragrant, remove from heat. Add white wine, salt and pepper (to taste) and stir to combine.
- Place the artichoke halves onto preheated grill. Brush some of the melted butter mixture onto them. Cook for 5-10 minutes, brushing with butter mixture often, until lightly toasted. Remove from grill and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Serve remaining butter mixture as a dipping sauce.
A great side to throw on the grill with a steak. Easy prep, impressive taste.
Hubby and I thought this was good. I am not experienced with artichokes, this was my first time ever using fresh ones, and I did not realize tha tyou don't get very much out of 1 artichoke. I made the full recipe, and like hogs, we ate the whole thing ourselves, 2 halves each. I served it with grilled chicken. The sauce for this is very good, and I think would be good on most anything from pasta, to other meats, etc. etc. Thanks for posting.