It is a recipe I came up with by playing around and everyone loves them. I have them when I have barbecues or with a catfish or chicken fry!!! As far as taste it all blends in and is just awesome.
- 4 (16 -20 ounce) cans pork and beans (we use VanCamps)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 onion, chopped up
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (or just a good dose)
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard (I use Kraft)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (whatever is your favorite!!)
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke (more or less up to you, I just shake the bottle hehehe)
- 3 -4 pieces bacon
- Mix pork and beans, brown sugar, onion, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, barbecue sauce, and liquid smoke together in baking pan.
- Place bacon on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for an hour or so!
- Hope you enjoy; we have people over for barbecues and they are gone in no time; can never seem to make enough!
I never imagined that I would start a review of baked beans by saying that I ate so much of them I made myself sick, BUT these are so good I ate enough of them to make myself sick. The flavors blend together perfectly and is the perfect balance of sweet and hot. The only minor changes I made were to fry the bacon in a skillet and saute the onions in the bacon fat and then cut the bacon into 1 inch pieces and mixed it in with the other ingredients. Although this recipe is perfect as is, next time I'm going to add some red or green peppers. By next time I mean for my very next meal since I still have some beans in my pantry. FYI: I used Famous Dave's Original Recipe BBQ sauce.
Killer baked beans is the word! They tasted perfect!! The only thing I did different was to add a little bell pepper and saute my cut up bacon and onion for a little. Turned out Excellent!! Thanks Dave Rudolph....
I made these for my moms 50th bday party, we had about 60 people there so I made enough to serve 50. Everyone just loved them, this is now my favorite baked bean recipe. I do wish I would have tried the recipe first before making it for so many people because one batch feeds more than five. I didn't think about it until I opened 40 cans of baked beans and 5 crock pots later that a serving is almost one whole can of beans and that is before adding all the other ingredients! I would say that this recipe serves 8 people very easily. Now I am fully stocked with baked beans for the summer in my freezer, I know my husband won't complain he absolutely LOVED these. Thanks