Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
No, I have not lost my mind! Just take a momment to mentally taste diced garlicy sausage with crunchy melted peanut butter wrapped in hot toasty bread. A wonderful combination of flavors and textures.
- 6 slices white bread, crusts trimmed
- 1⁄2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1⁄4 lb lean kielbasa, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Roll bread until very thin, spread with peanut butter and cut in half on the diagonal.
- Place a mound of kielbasa in the center of each triangle, fasten 2 corners of the bread together with a toothpick.
- Brush with melted butter and bake 15 minutes or until golden brown.
I had to try this because I was raised on peanut butter and bacon sandwiches (my brother used to sell them at school and always had alot of money, which my mother couldn't figure out why!) Incredible... every child in the world should try these (they are probably the only ones that wouldn't turn up their noses at it!)
To be honest, I tried this recipe for two reasons; it sounded sooo unusual, and because there was a heck of a good sale on kielbasa this week. Pat yourself on the back and smile, Carol, because you were right! The combination of flavors and textures was unique. I prepared this recipe as written. My youngest nephew (age 6) wants to add jelly next time! My "Picky Panel of Judges" gave this recipe 4 stars.
The unusual combination of ingredients intrigued me, so I had to give this a try. While I don't think I will make this often, this was rather tasty. I used smooth peanut butter as crunchy peanut butter is not allowed in our house (LOL)! I believe children would really love these, especially with jelly. They are really cute when cooked and this "eye" appeal usually convinces children to try something! Thanks Lorac!