Prep 4 mins
Cook 8 mins
I will be posting lots of recipes for kids to help parents with, this came from the old Betty Crocker Recipe Library. It should turn out like an ice cream sundae. It works with just about all flavors of Jell-o so let the kids mix it up with the holidays.
- 1 (3 ounce) package cherry gelatin
- 2⁄3 cup boiling water
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream or 1 quart pineapple sherbet
- Empty the Jell-o pack into a medium bowl and add the boiling water. Stir this until the Jell-o is disolved. Do not firm it in the refrig.
- Divide the ice cream into 8 dessert dishes and spoon the hot Jell-o mix over it. It should thicken on top of the ice cream to make a flavored sundae topping.
- Here is a classroom idea for teachers of little ones:.
- Prepare the Jell-o mix that morning in several colors and put them all in seperate tupper ware bowls. You will also need to supply the ice cream. When snack time rolls allow the kids to mix colors and flavors and see what happens.