Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I've been experimenting with homemade peanut butter lately. I tried adding some honey as the sweetener, and while it wasn't what I wanted for peanut butter, it makes a great treat! These are plenty sweet for a dessert, but without a bunch of carbs and sugars. Simple, healthy, and easy to eat. My kids eat the whole batch in minutes. Lots of room for variation--can add crisped rice, chocolate chips, coconut, dried fruits, anything! I know there are a lot of peanut butter ball recipes on here, but this one is unique in its simplicity and healthiness.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted peanuts (roasted)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons raisins (optional)
- 1 dash salt
- 1. Place peanuts, oil, and honey in food processor. Process 3-5 minutes until smooth and dough forms a ball.
- 2. Form into 20 bite-sized balls.
- 3. Place in freezer for 5-10 minutes, or refrigerate until needed.