Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are fun and delicious. I used all butter and skipped the shortening. Recipe courtesy of Pillsbury Poppin' Fresh Homemade Cookies.
- Heat oven to 350.
- In large bowl, beat brown sugar, butter, and shortening until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and egg and blend well.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup and level off.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt and mix well.
- Stir in candy-coated chocolate pieces and shelled sunflower seeds into prepared dough.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate if necessary for easier handling.
- Shape into 2 inch balls.
- Place 4 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Press an additional 1/2 cup candy-coated chocolate pieces into balls to decorate tops of cookies.
- Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool 2 minutes and remove from cookie sheets.