Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 ounce firm tofu
- 3⁄4 lb beet
- 3⁄4 lb sweet potato
- 1 cup shiitake mushroom
- 6 cups gourmet salad greens
- 3⁄4 lb ready-to-eat roasted boneless skinless chicken breast, shredded (such as Tyson)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place first 8 ingredients in a blender; process until smooth.
- Set aside.
- Leave root and 1 inch of stem on beets; scrub with a brush.
- Place beets and sweet potato in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake at 400° for 45 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Cool to touch.
- Peel beets and potato; cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Thinly slice mushrooms.
- Combine beets, potato, mushrooms, greens, and chicken.
- Drizzle dressing over salad; toss well.
- Serve immediately.
This was really good. I omitted the sweet potato as a personal preference, but I do not believe that this harmed the recipe in any way. We found this recipe to be tasty and filling. I also loved that it was easy prep and clean up! This salad truly does have a wonderful flavor.