Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
gourmet authentic raw kibbee
- 2 lbs lean top round beef (or half and half) or 2 lbs tenderloin (or half and half)
- 1⁄4 cup fine cracked wheat (soak in warm water for 30 min)
- 6 ice cubes
- 2 teaspoons sweet marjoram (fresh minced)
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Cut meat into 2 inch strips freeze for 1 hour. (I/2 frozen).
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Run crystallized meat through meat grinder one time, mix into grind 6 ice cubes. (clean any fat or un-ground meat from grinder).
- Thoroughly mix ground meat wheat and dry ingredients together in a chilled bowl.
- Grind one more time.
- Add more spice to taste.
- Spread in a smooth manner 1/2 inch thick on 2 pre chilled plates.
- Using a knife make partial opposite diagonal cuts through surface forming diamonds.
- Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- SERVING CONDIMENTS
- Extra virgin olive oil, fresh mint, white and green onion, fresh thin pita, sea salt, coarse pepper and a side dish of tabbolee.
- VITAL BEVERAGE
- Lebanese Araak or uzo mixed one part arrak 2 parts water add ice last.