Recipe by JustaQT
A favorite among kids and kids at heart is the Colonel's Macaroni and cheese which was originally made fresh daily. Now it comes premade and is cooked in an oven like it originally was when it was made fresh. This was sent to a recipe group, AARestaurant_Recipes, by tabbitha.
Top Review by KAOS64
I made this recipe and it is NOT KFC mac'n cheese. Its the same recipe posted on many other sites claiming to be the same as the one used by the colonel. This one is not as cheesy and tastes kind of flavorless. Kraft dinner tastes cheesier than this.
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 3⁄4 cup Velveeta cheese
- 2⁄3 cup mild yellow cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup whole milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pot bring water to a boil with salt to taste, once the water comes to a boil add the macaroni and cook for 12 to 15 minutes.
- When the noodles are cooked drain but do not rinse.
- To make the cheese sauce in a pan over low heat combine the Velveeta cheese,shredded cheddar and the milk.
- Cook the cheeses till they are melted and then add the salt.
- Add the noodles and mix through.
- Place in a casserole dish and bake at 400 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes.
- You may want to broil the top to make a brown top.