Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the KFC Biscuit recipe from the website, they are wonderful.
Make and share this KFC and Kentucky Fried Chicken Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable shortening
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Sift together flour, salt, sugar and baking powder into mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the flour mix and add the milk.
- Add shortening and begin kneading with hands (to cut in) the vegetable shortening and flour in the milk until thoroughly mixed.
- Add milk, if needed to form, and mix.
- Turn onto floured board, and knead gently 6 to 8 times.
- Pat dough to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Cut into biscuits.
- Place on baking sheet and brown in oven 10-13 minutes.
- Makes about 9 biscuits.
Great recipe as good as KFC any day! One tip on cutting biscuit's if you don't allready know. Don't twist the cutter while cutting the biscuit, it can seal the biscuit edges and cause it not to rise properly. Just cut straight down. I know cuz thats what I did! My mom set me right with this tip lol!
OMG!!! Delicious!! doesn't even cover it!
i'm an american girl living in the UK... NO KFC biscuits! they are my all time favorite buttermilk type biscuits and i haven't found a recipe to match them yet.
I substituted butter for the shortening (dont get crisco here!) and buttermilk for the milk, increased the portion to 12... and it was rising perfectly in my oven... beautiful fluffy, light buttery biscuits.. yum yum... 5 stars isn't enough! Thank you!
PERFECT biscuits. Doubled the recipe for 5 of us and it was perfect. Going into my "favorites" file immediately. Thank you so much for posting! P.S. Brushed the tops with melted butter before baking - highly recommended.